I have Virtual PC 2007 running Windows XP. I can access a website setup on the Virtual machine from a browser in the Virtual machine. How do I setup the virtual machine so I can access the website from a browser on the host machine. The host machine is also running WinXP.
Both host and virtual machine can ping each other via IP and computer name.
If they can ping each other then you’ve done most, if not all, the things you need to do.
From the host’s browser, you should be able to type the IP address of the guest into the browser address bar and bring the site up. Does this not work?
- How to access a server (TCP connection) running in a Virtual PC virtual machine (XP Mode) from the host system?
- How to make Sharepoint website running in VMware virtual machine accessible from host?
- Problem trying to access local website (settings in hosts file) on Host PC (Win XP SP3) from Guest PC (VM Win 7)
- How to access Apache virtual-host in VMware guest through NAT?
- How do you access your website by IP address if you’re using host headers in IIS 6?
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?