what is the best way to proceed if i want to install php and serve some php blog, on a VPS server that is already serving ruby on rails pages through passenger and nginx?
I have set up my vps by following
From my personal experience I suggest using PHP-FPM. Depending on your skill level and your distribution you can either compile it, use some external Repository (e.g. PPA), or the version of your distribution.
Search for PHP-FPM to get further informations and/or additionally provide more informations. Most important your distribution and your intention of use: developing or internet presentation. This might influence the reply in terms of “latest version” vs. “distribution version” is good enough and helps to point you into the right direction to fit your needs.
- nginx + PHP-FPM = “permission denied” error 13 in nginx log; configuration mistake?
- Nginx + PHP 5.3.3 (with php-fpm) – memory usage?
- Apache/PHP Configuration question – Where else can info.php be disabled besides php.ini?
- CLI PHP configuration
- PHP Script Won’t Run – Apache2/MySQL Servers Running, PHP Installed – Ubuntu 10.04
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?