I am investigating the possibility of logging Apache access & error_logs into one central repository, as opposed to each server having their own log files.
Does anyone have any ideas or best practises on how to do this? Anyone can push me in the right direction?
You can use rsyslog, see http://wiki.rsyslog.com/index.php/Working_Apache_and_Rsyslog_configuration
To log everything to a remote server put in /etc/rsyslog.d/0X-remote-server.conf:
*.* @<IP-address remote server>
Then on the remote server you can use for instance syslog-ng with filters to put
all logging in seperate directories (i.e. per VirtualHost).
If you log over the network it’s wise to encrypt your data. You can use stunnel for this
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?