I installed apc on my ubuntu 10.4 vps today using the following lines.
sudo apt-get install php-apc sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
While everything works fine. I encounter problems configuring
APC. I try to increase the allocated memory size. To my understanding I could do this either by increasing the amount of segments
If I configure
apc.shm_segments and restart/graceful the server
apc.php still shows only one segment. In the apache error log I can find the line:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: apc.shm_segments setting ignored in MMAP mode in Unknown on line 0
How, would I make APC use apc.shm_segments?
Nevertheless, I’d prefer to use increase apc.shm_size to the 128M I configured as
kernel.shmmax = 134217728
However, everytime I configure
/etc/php5/conf.d/apc.ini and restart/gracful apache. Apache does start but hangs. It does not serve any websites and a
apache2ctl stop is not regarded anymore.
Has anyone experienced the same and/or knows why I can’t change the shm_size default value?
try this config and see if it works:
extension=apc.soapc.enabled=1 apc.stat=1apc.shm_segments=1 apc.shm_size=256M apc.ttl=7200 apc.user_ttl=7200 apc.num_files_hint=10000 apc.max_file_size=5M apc.mmap_file_mask=/dev/zero apc.enable_cli=1
- Setting up a unmanaged dedicated web server on CentOS 5.6
- How do I sync configuration between my ubuntu servers? And how do I automatically restart services when their configuration changes?
- Apache/PHP Configuration question – Where else can info.php be disabled besides php.ini?
- Configure apache virtualhost to not accept php requests
- Howto increase apache MaxClients in a plesk environment