i am new to ec2, just finished setting up my micro instance and ready for production.
i want to start w/ 2 medium instances.
How do i assign my elastic IP to both of them so they act as 1? also would they share dB as well?
my visualization is like a pair of raid drives where you have multiple machines acting as 1
am i going about it the right way? i have read that you should have 1 more instance than you need for redundancy.
If you want one ip address to go to two servers, you would need a load balancer instance using that one elastic ip address, and it sends the requests to either webserver. Such systems are typically done with HAProxy.
No related posts.
Leave a comment
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?