We are running a SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Evaluation version. The client has decided they don’t want to pay for full SQL Server standard and feel the Web edition is suitable. Can I downgrade SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Evaluation to Web Edition?
Obviously I need to put a licence on it. Can I just put the Web edition licence on it and it will become a Web Edition server or does it require a re-install.
This should answer your question:
You only need to uninstall Analysis service before running edition upgrade. And, of course, make a just-in-case database backup.
- Is it possible to downgrade Windows Server 2008 Standard to Web edition remotely?
- Can you upgrade SQL Server 2008 SP2 Standard Edition to 2008 R2 Developer Edition?
- SQL Server Developer Edition versus SQL Server Standard
- SQL Server 2008 Web edition – access from another IIS?
- Windows Server 2008 standard edition vs. Windows Server 2008 Enterprise edition