The Web Deploy 2.0 page on iis.net states the “Web Deploy Tool also enables administrators and delegated users to use IIS Manager to deploy ASP.NET and PHP applications to an IIS 7.0 server.”
I’m (vaguely) familiar with using Web Deploy from Visual Studio to deploy an ASP.NET site. However I don’t see a way to deploy a PHP site via IIS Manager.
The next page on Installing and Configuring Web Deploy states “The server must have an operating system that comes with IIS7— this means either Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2.”.
I’m unsure if this is specifically for non-admin deploys or just means I cannot use IIS Manager for Web Deploy on Windows 7?
Is there a way to deploy a PHP site using Web Deploy on Windows 7 (my development machine).
Take a look at these two pages. They describe the packaging and deployment of PHP apps.
- Why don’t I have Deploy actions available in IIS 7 Manager?
- How to configure two sites on same IIS 7.5 server for a single ASP.NET web application with different authentication modes
- how install php (for support php apps) side by side iis 7.5 on windows server 2008 R2?
- Windows 7 IIS 7.5 ASPX Pages Hang IIS in Application migrated from IIS6
- Win Server 2008 + IIS 7 + MVC3: what to install to deploy applications
Leave a comment
- SCP transfer only modified files
- How can I automate clearing and resetting a Linux user’s home directory to a default?
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?