I did the Soft RAID 1 installation with Centos 5.5 on my server with 2 SATA 1TB disks.
I followed this great guide here:
However, there is one bit difference, that my Grub is default installing to /dev/md0, not /dev/sda as mentioned in that guide. Just wondering if my Grub is installed in /dev/md0, do I still need to do the section 2 of the guide?
Yes, you need to install grub to the MBRs of
/dev/sdb, along with the grub files going to
/dev/sdb1, for grub to boot properly.
- Finding the LVM root volume while in the Grub 0.95 CLI without access to the grub.conf file
- How can you change the grub default operating system from the grub menu? (i.e. without booting further)
- CentOS 6: No separate /home partition
- Moving from Fedora to CentOS, what should I keep in mind?
- CentOS / Redhat 6 Mount Encrypted Partition After Boot
Leave a comment
- Windows File Permissions and Attributes
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address