How can I Change amount of Ram and CPU cores for a virtual machine in KVM that is already created?
You can edit its
XML from command-line with:
Then, you only have to search the
<memory> tag and modify it
Keep in mind that the memory allocation is in kilobytes, so to allocate 512MB of memory, use 512 * 1024, or 524288.
- Can I utilize the full performance of a hypervisor’s physical CPU cores when running a high CPU usage appliciation inside a VM?
- ESX / vSphere Maximum Cores per CPU
- Can a Multi core CPU be configured to allow the OS to the see the cores as a single CPU
- is it possible to check CPU and RAM usage of the OpenVZ *host* machine from within a VM?
- More RAM or More Cores for a MySQL Database Server?
Leave a comment
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?