I was looking a for a windows host for my ASP.NET MVC app and the prices in softsyshosting looked very decent. However i fail to understand, why do they offer codename “Enterprise” Shared hosting at the same price point as the codename “Economy” VPS ?
Enterprise Shared: http://www.softsyshosting.com/windows.aspx
The First Economy VPS: http://www.softsyshosting.com/windows-vps.aspx
Why would someone be willing to pay the same amount of money for 350GB less bandwith, less database storage, less disk space, no RDP control .. ?
Generally speaking, the main benefit of shared hosting is that you are not responsible for operating system maintenance, library/application server patches, security, etc.
Conversely, VPS hosting offers more flexibility in configuration, and depending on the provider, offers higher performance. (though this may not always be true)
- Does a VPS mitigate risks of a DDOS attack versus shared hosting?
- Need a helpful/managed VPS to help transition from shared hosting
- ASP.NET MVC shared web hosting recommendations? (Alternatively, good Windows VPS providers?)
- steps to build up a windows server 2008 shared hosting [closed]
- So I’m moving from shared hosting to a VPS..what do I need?
Leave a comment
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?
- Domain Administrators account policy (After PCI audit)