I’d like to create an account that is not a domain admin, so user cannot log into ADUaC, GP editor, etc but has privileges to access the Event Viewer, install printer drivers and applications on a client PC.
This will be for a student worker to help ease our workload and do basic troubleshooting. How can I create this type of ac
Well, it seems that all the privileges are needed on the client side of things, so just add the student worker as a local administrator on all the machines that they’ll need access to. Give them a normal domain user account and use Restricted Groups in group policy to add the user to the local Administrators group of the client machines.
- Logged into domain account successfully but not getting the correct privileges
- Legacy apps requiring administrator privileges on XP
- What are the pros and cons of giving SQL’s service account administrator privileges?
- Does the ClearCase administrator account needs to be an Windows Administrator to manage the ClearCase Web Server application
- SQL Server account per-table privileges