I am trying to get multi monitor support for a laptop. I have installed Windows Server 2008 (R1) x64 and none of the dell drivers for the laptop seem to work (I have tried the x64 ones for Vista and XP, they don’t offer Win7 ones yet).
Drivers downloaded from NVidia do not work (NVidia says I need to get Drivers from Dell).
Do I have any alternatives?
The Video card is an NVidia Quadro FX 4800m (I tried the NVidia Quandro FX 4800 driver and it would not install).
Check here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/
You’ll want to look for a series that supports your card (it’ll be listed in the individual thread). Look for x64 Vista ones or Windows 7 ones.
It appears that this one will work and it’s the latest: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/25193-v19100-windows-7vista-64bit-nvidia/
But again, it’s trial and error on them. Some people like older driver sets if the performance is better…so you’ll need to look around on there and download a few and find the one that works best for you.
- PCIe sound card drivers certified for MS Windows Server 2008?
- Can’t find instructions how to use Windows 7 drivers on Windows Server 2008 R2
- How to share print drivers from a 64 bit Windows server to 32 bit client machines
- Using Built-In Drivers for Print Server
- Installing Windows Server 2008 – RAID – No Drivers Found
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?