Windows Server 2008 Event viewer there is an option to
Attach task to this event. Is there a Microsoft solution, to send an email alert for any Error messages that flag up in the event viewer?
You can use Attach task to this log or simply create a new scheduled task.
- Use the trigger When a specific event is logged
- Choose the log you want to monitor (you can choose multiple logs in the advanced task settings)
- Set the action to Send an e-mail (and provide the nescessary information)
If you want any error sending a message you have to refine the trigger.
Edit the trigger and choose custom. Then you have to press the button new event filter…
- Tick Error in the error level part
- In the drop down menu by log you can choose the log you want to monitor
With this event filter you get a message for each error that occurs.
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?