I want to accomplish the following task: A user must not have rights to save in his/her Desktop, My Documents, My Music, My video, My picture, etc.
I have already prevent & hide all drives via GPO, but still user are able to store files in the locations listed above. How can I configure the desired behavior?
Server OS = Window server 2008 R2
Client OS = Window XP, Vista & Window 7
It’s very easy if you are using Window server 2008 Server.
Just create a Group Policy Object, go to Computer Configuration > Policy > window Setting > Security Setting > File System and there – Right click and add %userprofile%\Desktop ….etc and there you can specify the rights on user or Groups.
- “log on as a batch job” user rights removed by what GPO?
- GPO to remapp desktop folder and user profile
- What is the safest way to give anonymous read/write access to Windows file shares?
- How can I apply Group Policy object (GPO)user settings in GPO only if connecting to specific users?
- Word Document Turns to Read-Only