How can I prevent people from looking at a listing of files in parent directory if I haven’t uploaded index.html?
I haven’t uploaded index.html or index.php to my root directory. How can I prevent people from looking at a listing of files in parent directory?
Also, is it possible for people to obtain a list of all the files in the root directory once I upload index.html?
I’m currently using .htaccess and htusers to prompt someone to enter a username and password when they try to access any file in the root directory.
This may sound like a weird request but would it be possible to have them come to the site (without an index.html) and just have them not see the files? All it would say on the page would be the following:
Apache Server at mysite.com Port 80
Options -Indexes to turn off auto-generation of indexes.
Leave a comment
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?
- Domain Administrators account policy (After PCI audit)