I have a BKS file that is around 20GB. How do I extract the MSSQL files from that?
If the backup was created using ntbackup, you’d need to restore all or selected files from it using the Backup and Restore Wizard. If you trying to determine which files to restore, the SQL databases typically live in files with file extensions of MDF, LDF and NDF though that’s not a requirement.
I’m not sure if ntbackup guarantees database consistency when doing backups, so it’s possible the database would not restore cleanly.
- How to restore a SQL Server database and shrink its files at the same time?
- SQL Server 2008 import data from SQL Server 2005 backup file
- Does a full ntbackup include mssql mdf files?
- SQL Server 2008: Is it possible to store differential backups in a separate files?
- Is it possible with NT Backup (or MS Backup) to restore all of the latest files from a certain folder out of an incremental backup file?