I’m running several VMs (Mainly windows XP) on a 2008 server under Hyper-V.
I’d like to automatically schedule some of these machines to startup and shutdown according to a schedule. To limit availability to the times when people are supposed to be in the office to log into them.
How can this be achieved??
So basically it is pretty easy with PowerShell
- Install PS
- Get the library written for managing VMs http://www.codeplex.com/PSHyperv
Write your PS script which looks like something like this:
Schedule it http://ss64.com/nt/schtasks.html
Leave a comment
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?
- Domain Administrators account policy (After PCI audit)