I have upgraded my OS from AIX5.3 to AIX6.1, now i need to upgrade the Technology Level The current version is the following:
Known Service Packs
My Question to which TL i can jump from the existing one.?
I would recommend the newest one (6100-06-04-1112), which you can download from Fix Central web site ( http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/ ).
Take a look at e.g. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-aixtlupdate/index.html to see possible TL update strategies.
If you want to determine what you have currently installed, then run
instfix -i|grep SP. This will tell you for which TLs you have complete filesets, and for which not. The list of filesets missing to form a complete TL run
instfix -ciqk 5200-09-01_SP|grep ":-:"
Caveats: make sure your TL download is complete. I had problems with truncated files, which then wedged upgrade process. Also double check that you have no exotic software that wouldn’t cooperate with a changed TL. Then see if your firmware, HMC, PowerHA/HACMP is compatible with the new TL.
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)