I have just started at a new company and I am inspecting their current server config. The HP 480c blades in a c7000 chassis aren’t responding to ILO, although the chassis ILO is working fine. I have a feeling the last sysadmin configured the blades ILO as static IPs and it is not responding correctly. The servers are sitting in a datacenter and I’m hoping to be able to fix this remotely.
Is there a way that I can change the ILO static IPs for the blades remotely? If not and I do have to go onsite, how do I change the IP addresses of the ILO for the blades? (Sorry I’m not very familiar with HP servers)
thanks for you help!
Yep. Console onto the server OS itself and use the hponcfg app to dump and edit the iLo configuration.
Best bet is to dump the current config to a file, edit, then re-up.
Leave a comment
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?