complete n00b to servers and their errors.
Running a site on a windows 2008 server with IIS7 and I’ve gotten the internal server error 500 when I try to visit the site. It was working up until very recently. No changes were made either.
The server is a virtual server stored offsite with an outsourced company. Would this be an issue for them?
Any help/advice is appreciated.
Whenever a web-server reports error 500 I look in the server’s error log for a detailed reason.
The following look useful
Check more discussion of this question.
- HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error in Windows 7 IIS
- http 500 error on first visit only
- PHP Woes – 500 Internal Server Error (brand new server)
- .htaccess 301 redirect produces 500 internal server error
- Disabling IIS 7.5 server error response for 5xx and 4xx HTTP status codes