I’ve set up IIS 7 on my Windows 2008 R2 server according to this guide and deployed my ASP.NET MVC application on it via the one-click publishing method in Visual Studio 2010, but the IIS server fails to run the application due to a configuration error:
Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Web.Helpers, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
How do I fix this?
Apparently I need to install MVC dependencies on the server. I found a recipe on winhost forums, which says to add the required references to your project and configure them for web deployment. I followed these steps, and it solved my problem:
Add the following references to the project:
Set the property Copy Local to True for the following references:
ITHedgeHog made me aware of a shortcut in Visual Studio 2010 for the above procedure:
Right click on the project and click Add Deployable Dependencies, you will then get a dialog in which you can simply pick ASP.NET MVC.
- Load-Balanced IIS 7.5 Web Server ASP.NET Session State problem
- Port used for ASP.NET application
- How to distribute ASP.NET app on lightweight hardware (such as NAS)?
- What hosted server configuration do I need to consider for a medium-performance web-application?
- PHP + IIS Application Pool Identity WindowsTemp permissions