I have a problem which I’m sure it’s not really hard but I really don’t know how to use the Windows IIS console. I have two static html pages (Lorem Ippsum pages) which I want to access when i access my website, something like
www.mysite.com/lorem2. Because there are a lot of deploys done on the site I don’t want to put the pages in
wwwroot because they will get erased at the next build. I also don’t want to integrate the pages so they come with the build because it’s just for testing, so i created a virtual directory
virtdir where the html pages are now located, and for accessing i have to write
www.mysite.com/virtdir/lorem1. The thing I’m interested in is: How can I redirect the request
www.mysite.com/virtdir/lorem1 so as to keep the virtual directory I created and to make it invisible from the browser.
Two ways depending on what you want:
HTTP Redirect will take all /lorem1 and then send you to /virtualdir/lorem1. This is easy and you just need to make a folder in root called lorem1 and then set HTTP Redirect for it in IIS (click folder then see the HTTP Redirect icon on right). Negative is user will see it as /virtualdir/lorem1 URL once browser finishes loading.
Use URL Rewrite to mask the real URL so users see it as /lorem1. Requires a IIS Microsoft add-on and a little configuration. http://www.iis.net/download/urlrewrite
- Setting up ‘localhost’ equivalent bindings with IIS7
- How to redirect requests coming on one domain to another domain but with parameters?
- How would I redirect requests for one page to another is IIS?
- Networksolutions cname blank alias
- How do you make a website with multiple bindings redirect to one of the bindings?
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)