We have a two node active-active SQL Server 2008 Cluster. Running on Windows Server 2008 R2.
The three excisting instances have Latin1_General_CI_AS as the Server Collation. I need to add an instance with SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS as the Server Collation.
Is this a supported configuration?
Every MSSQL Server instance is a complete, stand-alone database server system.
The Server collation is, therefore, unique to each instance.
This is obvious when you install an instance – you can specify the server collation at that moment.
- Is it possible to set up multiple named instances running on a SQl Server 2008 R2 Active/Passive Cluster?
- Two clustered SQL instances on one cluster – same port 1433?
- Can’t add service account to domain group during SQL cluster install
- Illegal mix of collations in mysql php query
- SQL Server 2005 and 2008 instances on the same machine
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?