We have a two node active-active SQL Server 2008 Cluster. Running on Windows Server 2008 R2.
The three excisting instances have Latin1_General_CI_AS as the Server Collation. I need to add an instance with SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS as the Server Collation.
Is this a supported configuration?
Every MSSQL Server instance is a complete, stand-alone database server system.
The Server collation is, therefore, unique to each instance.
This is obvious when you install an instance – you can specify the server collation at that moment.
- Is it possible to set up multiple named instances running on a SQl Server 2008 R2 Active/Passive Cluster?
- Two clustered SQL instances on one cluster – same port 1433?
- Can’t add service account to domain group during SQL cluster install
- Illegal mix of collations in mysql php query
- SQL Server 2005 and 2008 instances on the same machine