I have a directory full of files ending with .xxx. (
I want to change their extensions to .yyy. (
What’s the quickest way to accomplish this using basic shell commands?
Take a look at the rename command:
rename .xxx .yyy *.xxx
- Linux renaming files to add _00 after filename before extension
- Linux ps command: filter by user AND name
- How to rename multiple files by replacing word in file name?
- How to bulk rename files to remove an extraneous space from before the extension
- How can I recursively change the case of files and folders under bash