MegaRAID Storage Manager Error 1920 “Service MRMonitor (MegaMonitorSrv) failed to start.” on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
I’m trying to install the MegaRAID Storage Manager 8.10 provided by SUPERMICRO, but I keep getting an error 1920 that “Service MRMonitor (MegaMonitorSrv) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.”
I’m installing it as the administrator and I’ve confirmed that I have “Log on as a service” permissions set in the Default Domain Security Settings and the Default Domain Controller Security Settings. I’ve also confirmed that the SNMP service is installed an configured and I have the latest drivers installed for the RAID controller. Oh, I’ve also installed the latest .NET 1.1 updates because I read online they might be related.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? Not sure if this matters, but the server is behind on updates and I’m hesitant to install a bunch at once… Actually, not sure if this matters to, but I get an Invalid drive G: error so I have it substituted with C:.
For anyone who runs into this in the future the problem was with the OpenSSL libraries that were installed on the machine. Updating to the latest ones allows the service to start and the installation to complete.
- MegaRaid Storage Manager Version to manage LSI 9260-8I through vSphere 4.1?
- What’s your recommended Service Manager for Windows Server 2003?
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Update service does not start
- Cannot Install Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 because Installation cannot start Server service
- Can I start a Windows Service on another server from the command line?
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?