I have been asked to help migrate a asp.net app to aws, I havent deployed windows into the cloud before and was interested in getting some pointers ?
Im not worried about the app more about moving the database, its a 200gb mssql db and im wondering about the best way to get it up into the cloud.
Depending on your requirements and budget, this use case might be addressed by AWS Import/Export, which is a dedicated offering to accelerate moving large amounts of data into and out of AWS using portable storage devices for transport:
AWS transfers your data directly onto and off of storage devices using
Amazon’s high-speed internal network and bypassing the Internet. For
significant data sets, AWS Import/Export is often faster than Internet
transfer and more cost effective than upgrading your connectivity.
You can gauge the latter via AWS Import/Export Pricing.
No related posts.
Leave a comment
- Windows File Permissions and Attributes
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address