i want to install nagios plugin check_logfiles
Now the installation step says that
After unpacking the tar-archive you have to call ./configure. With ./configure –help you can show the options if you want to modify the default settings. However, these settings can later be overridden again by variables in the config file.
Now i am confused that whether i have to do that on monitoring host or remote host for which i want to check log file. please help
Installation of nagios plug-ins take place on the nagios server. It is not clear from your link how to process remote logs with the plug-in, however.
Oh wait, it mentioned being called from check_nrpe – and nrpe is a method of executing remote checks. So it seems that you compile this plug-in on your remote server (the one containing the logs) and it gets executed from the nrpe daemon on that host. See the sourceforce PDF on NRPE.
First, get nrpe working between your nagios server and your host. Then try and get this plug-in working on your host.
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)