I’m standing up a new Windows 2008 R2 Web Server. I’ve checked the application pool in IIS 7.5, and found that .NET 2.0 is available, but not 3.5 or 4.0. I would have thought that 2008 R2 would have come at least with 3.5 and possibly 4.0. Am I wrong about that?
If I have to install 3.5 and 4.0 on this server, where do I get them? (I’m assuming that it isn’t necessarily the same place as client machines get .NET 3.5 and 4.0.)
For 3.5 with SP1 open an elevated command prompt and copy this line:
DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3
for 4.0: download a the package from Microsoft and the execute it.
If you do this on Server core, you need to enable different features and download a special version of dot.NET 4 for Server core.
No related posts.
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?