I’m getting multiple instances of dovecot running on my LAMP server, which is in resulting in LFD reporting with constant emails with the following..
Time: Mon Jun 13 05:56:34 2011 -0700 Account: dovecot Resource: Process Time Exceeded: 19811 > 1800 (seconds) Executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/anvil Command Line: dovecot/anvil [35 connections] PID: 1621 Killed: No
Here’s a picture of the system processes: http://i.stack.imgur.com/3ILQj.jpg
I’ve tried restarting LFD and CSF, but neither has fixed the problem.
If you are running Dovecot to provide POP or IMAP access to mail, it is normal to see many
imap-login processes. These handle new client connections, and there will generally be one process for each connecting client. Some additional information is here:
Leave a comment
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?
- Domain Administrators account policy (After PCI audit)