I am working on an open source Application Performance Monitoring (APM) software and looking for a visualization tool with dashboard capabilities. I came across Graphite which looks pretty good but wondering if there is anything better out there before I settle down with that tool. Here’s the list of features I am interested in:
- Open Source license
- API to submit real time data
- Web-based visualization interface
- Persistence – file or database
Dashboard Capabilities: Allow users to select a few metrics (CPU, Heap Usage, # of Active Users etc.) and place them on a single page for easier monitoring.
Graphite is great, we use it in conjunction with Statsd: check out http://codeascraft.etsy.com/2011/02/15/measure-anything-measure-everything/ for more info
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?