I’m trying to monitor my database connections with Performance Monitor, but for some reason I can no longer add the counters.
Every set of counters OTHER than the two .NET Data Providers (for Oracle and SQL Server) works fine.
This was working not 10 minutes ago, when it just stopped. I’ve tried rebooting the box, which made no difference.
An suggestions on how to figure out how to re-enable these?
Here’s the solution:
Open cmd and run these commands:
regsvr32 /u netfxperf.dll regsvr32 netfxperf.dll
Note: It seems that if you’re running the profiler, and kill IIS without stopping it first, you get this problem.
- How do I convert the perfmon counters in the Performance Monitor to something that can log those for me?
- Using perfmon, which counters should I pay particular attention to when debugging ASP.NET and SQL performance problems?
- Performance Monitor w/ SQL Server – how many counters is too many?
- IIS HTTPS Windows Performance Counters
- Hyper-V R2 Performance Counters
Leave a comment
- Windows File Permissions and Attributes
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address