Is there any malware/spyware/virus scanning software that can be run via USB or other means to scan a windows server 2008? It needs to be something that does not need to be installed.
I like ClamWin for this purpose. You can get it here, in handy Portable Apps form. I have had trouble getting this version to update its definitions if I haven’t kept it up-to-date regularly, and that generally requires downloading and installing the latest version from Portable Apps again to fix it. Not that big a deal, though — it’s only an 8MB download. And if you regularly use it/regularly keep its definitions up-to-date, you shouldn’t run into this at all.
- Portable way to get list of all active network interfaces
- windows xp home security Trojan.FakeAlert – virus/scareware/malware
- Portable, Direct Attached Storage: does such a device exist?
- Possible malware on my server, how to search the source?
- All-day Port scanning “victim” – How worried should I be? (CentOS)
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)