I have a quick question. How does one add emails to Postfix’s queue without it delivering the emails? I am writing a script to email Postfix statistics (queue count, sent, etc) to our support staff. I want to test it when there are emails in Postfix’s queue to see if its working correctly. However, every time I send an email from Postfix it gets delivered.
- Use @EightBitTony’s approach
- Use a VM for development and pull the virtual plug to the network
- Use a firewall rule to drop outgoing packets for port 25.
and the best way:
- Minimum PostFix configuration for sending emails only?
- Specifying Postfix queue lifetimes on a per-message basis
- Postfix with Dovecot configured and send emails with no errors. When sending from a remote client message-id is empty, and emails go to spam.
- Postfix – sending emails to external domains?
- How to configure sendmail (or postfix) to send confirmation emails using webmin?
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?