Problem trying to access local website (settings in hosts file) on Host PC (Win XP SP3) from Guest PC (VM Win 7)
Host PC :
Windows XP SP3
Guest PC :
Virtual Machine running Windows 7 SP1
Host PC IP Address :
Guest PC IP Address :
On my Guest PC I’m trying to access a website running on my Host PC. My Host PC’s hosts file has the entry of:
When I modify my Guest PC’s hosts file to:
and open up Internet Explorer 9 and type in http://www.dev.com, it says Page not found. Any ideas on what I need to do to get this to work?
What are the subnet masks for both host and guest systems? It looks like they both should be 255.255.0.0 based on the IPs that you have identified.
- Enable external access to local website with www binding
- Automatically update ip-address in hosts file?
- Problem with accessing a website hosted on a local device connected to the local wireless network
- VPN Client not able to access a certain subnet
- Cisco 1841 router: NAT overload appears to not be working – config problem or host network problem?
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?