Proftp error message Fatal: unknown configuration directive ‘DisplayFirstChdir’ on line 22 of ‘/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf’
Sorry for the newb factor but I’m trying to set up a server using this guide:
I’m at the end of step 5 and when I try to restart proftp I get the following error message
me@me-desktop:~$ sudo service proftpd restart * Stopping ftp server proftpd [ OK ] * Starting ftp server proftpd Fatal: unknown configuration directive 'DisplayFirstChdir' on line 22 of '/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf' [fail]
Any clues on how to change line 22?
The DisplayFirstChdir directive is deprecated. Comment it out and try again.
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)