Our production server each have two drives: C for OS and programs, D for our own platform, log files, backups, etc.
We extensively use MSMQ in our platform. I have noticed that the storage folder of MSMQ can be configured and that it’s currently set to the default location on the C-drive.
Since we want all non-OS related things on the D drive (and space on the C drive is tight) I thought it would be a good idea to put the MSMQ storage also there.
Is this a good idea?
Yes. But its not critical. The MSMQ storage take finite space (one or two GB) so it want explode your C drive.
Leave a comment
- Windows File Permissions and Attributes
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address