We have a small mini rack which houses an X-Serve, Raid and Router. We added some more high performance fan units but still find that it gets quite hot in there and have recently been having to keep the door open.
Can anyone recommend some kind of cooler device which can be installed in here?
The rack sits in our studio so it can’t be too noisy. The back door is also solid, so it can not vent out there. The top of the unit has two fan holes, this could be used for the venting.
UPDATE: This is a link to the rack in question.
What kind of rack has solid front and back doors? Seems like a design flaw. Up above you say that the rack is 3 inches tall, do you mean 3 feet? Can we get pictures of this setup to get a better idea of what we are talking about?
- Why do rack switches have their ports on the front?
- Can a Switch be Wall Mounted Using Rack Mounts?
- Do you get access to the back of the rack in a co-location datacenter?
- What is the most probable cause for two memory modules to fail simultaneously on a rack mounted server?
- Buying servers and a server rack