I have a windows domain environment and it contains only Server 2008 Os’s. I’m trying to execute a script or a program from 1 server on multiple servers, but I can’t configure or install any applications. I was trying to user powershell v2.0 (invoke-command) but its not configured and I cant configure it. I’m looking for an alternative maybe WMI. Psexec and rcmd are not installed on any servers. Any advise could help a lot.
How about copying a script to each machine and adding a scheduled task that executes it?
Also, psexec does not require a remote install. Some information from PsExec – Execute processes on a remote system and redirect output to the local system (Windows IT Pro):
PsExec’s ability to run processes remotely with no manual installation of software on the remote system makes deployment easy.
- remote command execution on Windows 2003 server
- Cannot access client pc remotely due to time/date issue xp win2k3 environment — REMOTE solution please
- Powershell Remote Execution Error on EC2
- Unable to issue commands to a remote server when using IP address
- Remote installing programs by scripts or batch files
Leave a comment
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?
- Domain Administrators account policy (After PCI audit)