I have my workstation setup with a Windows Server 2008 running Hyper-V.
Now I really want to install OS X for testing purposes.
Have anyone had any success running Mac OS X in an Hyper-V environment?
As far as I know, Mac OS X (or at least leopard) will not work on a virtual machine without heavy modifications. One attempt was “released” illegally here (no links to actual copyrighted files included).
Mac OS X’s architecture is different and requires EFI emulation among other stuff.
In addition, I believe it’s against the EULA to run Mac OS X on anything but apple hardware (antitrust anyone?).
- Hyper-V Find VM by MAC Address
- Is there any way I can administer a Mac OS X Server 10.6 from a client running Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5?
- Running Debian as guest operating system on a Hyper-V VM
- Does adding Hyper-V role affect host server performance when no guests are running?
- Running multiple instances of Server 2008 on the same spindles as Hyper-V?