I’ve been trying to use s3fs on an EC2 server but it’s really slow. I spent the last 5 hours uploading 100MB of small files.
Is there anything I can do to improve the performance or is it something related to S3fs? If not, what’s an alternative I could use?
S3FS may not be the best choice for a large amount of smaller files. The overhead with S3FS is pretty high as well. I’d suggest using something like S3Curl
You can even get parallel transfers going. Just remember it will never be fast like EBS / local storage.
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?