I need to match lines that have MAJOR and CRITICAL strings
that comes after the word ERROR:< any integer number >
please advice how to do that with one awk or sed command?
more HW_Log.txt CHK_HW ERROR:0 INFO self_monitor Verifying HW machine CHK_HW ERROR:1 MAJOR self_monitor Verifying HW machine CHK_HW ERROR:1 CRITICAL self_monitor Verifying HW machine
This can be done using
$ grep "ERROR:[0-9]* (CRITICAL|MAJOR)" /path/to/file
- How to fetch lines between two strings using shell script?
- Shell script to extract string from a file and return the next chars until a whitespace
- Shell Script: How do I turn “virsh list | grep MediaWiki” into an if condition?
- Shell Script for Sending output or log via email
- Shell script file name format
Leave a comment
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?
- Can Windows RDC admin users be immune from being kicked?
- Domain Administrators account policy (After PCI audit)
active-directory amazon-ec2 apache apache2 backup bash centos cisco command-line debian dns email exchange firewall iis iis7 iptables linux macosx monitoring mysql networking nginx performance permissions php postfix raid security sql-server sql-server-2005 sql-server-2008 ssh ssl ubuntu unix virtualization vpn webserver windows windows-7 windows-server-2003 windows-server-2008 windows-server-2008-r2 windows-xp