I have some questions: I am using a SMTP service for sending monthly newsletter for my website (~3000 email addresses).
I was thinking: I already own a virtual server configured as a web server and secured, why not using it to send email and save 7€/month ??
Is this a reasonable idea or am I a fool?
Does anybody knows a good (and up-to-date) guide for debian squeeze linux? I have read the official documentation, but i’ve understood a little…
And again: what I’m talking about is the so-called “smtp-relay”?
Setting up a mailserver on Debian can be quite annoying. I hope you have a few days/weeks. I suggest starting with something easier.
If you want a decent guide about how to setup a mailserver, I learned it with this one: http://workaround.org/ispmail/squeeze
Which is a very comprehensive guide explaining everything step by step. I you want mailinglists you can set these up with either of these:
- sympa (bad documented though)
Leave a comment
- SCP transfer only modified files
- How can I automate clearing and resetting a Linux user’s home directory to a default?
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?