I’m tying to (learn how to) install Oracle RAC 11g on CentOS 6 all went OK so far but I get INS-40719 Error message regarding SCAN Name I do not have DNS server and I’m not going to try to use it on this setup I add this line to /etc/hosts 192.168.244.100 rac-cluster then used “rac-cluster” as the SCAN name and it’s still not working with the same error message! any one can guide me [...]Continue Reading »
In an attempt to reduce the complexity of a solution, I’ve been asked to convert a two node Oracle 10g RAC production database to single instance. The database is running on RHEL5 with ASM on SAN. I imagine at least the following steps will be required: Remove the instances from cluster ready services Restrict the second node’s access to shared storage Remove redo logs for second instance Drop undo tablespace for second instance Remove references [...]Continue Reading »
- Windows File Permissions and Attributes
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address