I am having a server running XEN,with ubuntu 12.04 as Domain 0. Intel VT is turned on by default and i dont want to run any Windows OS as VM. So 1. how can i makesure that all the created VM will be in paravirtualized mode even with VT enabled? I have heard that in Full Virtualization hypervisor needs to work hard for emulating all the underlying hardware,which may reduce performance for too much i/o [...]Continue Reading »
I am trying to setup a server where I would be running multiple apps. Mostly internal but could also be open source projects like Redmine. They would all be Rails/Ruby apps/test scripts running on headless browsers. In essence, I am trying to setup a heroku like environment internally and wanted some sort of process isolation between these running processes. I first stumbled upon chroot jails and then learnt about LXC. LXC seems to offer a [...]Continue Reading »
I’m trying to run Gentoo paravirtualized under XenServer 5.6. Now, Gentoo is perfectly capable of booting without initrd, so my question is: Do I need an initrd for pygrub to work? Earlier attempts without initrd had resulted in errors, which might either be caused by mistakes in .config or the inexistence of initrd. I’m trying to figure out exactly what happened. After a lot of experimentation, I finally found the answer: Yes, pygrub needs an [...]Continue Reading »
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)