I’m trying to get PostgreSQL 7.4 setup to use PITR mode (as described here). It appears that the “archive_mode” option isn’t recognised. Can anyone shed light on when this first appeared in PostgreSQL? I don’t want to upgrade to a newer version unless I absolutely have to. (For what it’s worth, I was planning on using this to replicate PostgreSQL database updates across the wire to a warm standby database.) PITR was introduced in 8.0, [...]Continue Reading »
Do I need a separate license for Windows Server 200X to run a warm standby server? I have a Windows Server 2003 machine running SQL Server 2005. I also have a Windows Server 2008 machine running SQL Server 2005. I know I’m good on the SQL Server 2005 licensing to run a warm standby with log shipping. But I cannot find any documentation on licensing the windows 200X in this situation. I’m planning on bringing [...]Continue Reading »
I am starting to research setting up log shipping with our server. I am thinking I want to use standby mode for the remote server for the things I want to do (Data checks, ect.) What I wanted to know and have not been able to really find a definite answer on is once I create a undo file with the standby mode of restoring the database, How large is that file normally? Does it [...]Continue Reading »
- Windows File Permissions and Attributes
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address