Recently we renamed our domain from single domain name COMPANY to COMPANY.LOCAL due to multiple problems. However now I get this information from BPA.
Issue: The Active Directory integrated
DNS zone _msdcs.COMPANY.LOCAL was not
Impact: DNS queries for the Active
Directory integrated zone
_msdcs.COMPANY.LOCAL might fail.
Resolution: Restore the Active
Directory integrated DNS zone
Clearly there is no _msdcs.COMPANY.LOCAL as there is only old one _msdcs.COMPANY however when i check under COMPANY there is no _msdsc, but there is one when i check inside COMPANY.LOCAL. So it seems to me that _msdcs.COMPANY.LOCAL should use the one that is inside COMPANY.LOCAL? Should it not? Should I try to
recreate it by hand (since it wasn’t created on domain rename).
Creating new forward lookup zone with correct name
_msdcs.forestname.local and restarting the
netlogon service helped me out Zone was populated with right entries.
Quick and easy solution. Hope it helps someone out!
- AD Integrated DNS Zone restore/repair
- How to use AD-integrated DNS to serve records for two unrelated domains
- In a 2 DC environment, should both DCs host AD integrated primary zones to ensure DNS redundancy?
- Migrate Active Directory Groups to Local Windows Server Groups
- Connecting a server to a network that has DNS and Active Directory on it
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)