I wrote following script, which generate random password and store it in file
pass1=</dev/urandom tr -dc _A-Z-a-z-0-9|head -c8 echo $pass1 echo "$pass1" >/tmp/a
Above script printing generated password through “echo $pass1″ command. But nothing getting stored inside created /tmp/a file .
Please let me know whats wrong i am doing.
It’s not necessary to store the password in an intermediate variable. You only need this line in your shell script
</dev/urandom tr -dc _A-Z-a-z-0-9|head -c8 > /tmp/a
I saved as
foo.sh, made permissions 755, and executed it under linux…
[mpenning@chestnut ~]$ uname -a Linux chestnut.he.net 126.96.36.199-1-grsec #1 SMP Fri Sep 2 12:42:23 PDT 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux [mpenning@chestnut ~]$ ./foo.sh [mpenning@chestnut ~]$ cat /tmp/a qAUezN0-[mpenning@chestnut ~]$
Leave a comment
- Windows File Permissions and Attributes
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address