We have several relatively recent (less than 1 week) installations of Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise that are getting this error whenever we open Disk Management. The application name is vdsldr.exe and the Problem Event Name is BEX64.
The windows firewall was turned off and the service disabled. The Virtual Disk service was started (identical results when it is stopped). The computers are virtual machines running on VSphere, so that could be part of the problem.
The strange thing is that Disk Manager worked fine when the VMs were first created.
Task Manager also seems to be crashing on these machines. The problems are occuring on multiple VMs that are on different physical hosts.
Sophos Antivirus 7.6.18 (Updated 4/15/2010) seems to be causing these problems. On a fresh build the problems don’t occur until it is installed and uninstalling it fixed the problem.
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)