I have a mysql (MyISAM) database with size around 30Gb. It has single large table (and some smaller ones but it makes no difference). It performs around 2000 selects (single row by primary key)/second, 300 updates/second and 50 inserts/second. We have around 10 independent servers with similar database.
I want to backup that database (incremental preferred) without taking it offline, how to do that?
I use this script mylvmbackup on a 250+Gb DB among others. Works very well, after taking the snapshot is executes a parallel mysql to verify that snapshot works.
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)