So we have this company server standing in the corner of our office. It is connected to an LCD monitor hanging on the wall we occassionally use to check whether the backups did what they should.
The question is: what cool visualization thing could be run the rest of the time to deeply impress customers visiting us? The server is running on Debian 4.0. A cool whatever running on the console would be preferred as there’s no window manager installed currently.
Things I thought about: Twitter feeds, Nagios visualization, global network status, news (from google news or whatever)… main criteria: it has to look cool.
Thanks for your ideas!
If you’re not concerned about disclosing IP addresses have a look at EtherApe – it doesn’t give you a lot info like zabbix but looks really nice:
Leave a comment
- What is the easiest way to upgrade my existing Perl 5.14 to Perl 5.16 on FreeBSD 9 using the ports system?
- Know if mysql has done its job
- Redirect https .com to https .co.uk without a valid SSL cert on .com without DNS change
- Why is it a bad idea to use customer email as from address
- 100% packets dropped on first RX queue on 3/5 raid6 iSCSI NAS devices using intel igb (resolved)